Intensive Outpatient Program
The Portland Anxiety Clinic is excited to announce the addition of our Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program (IOP).
The highly specialized IOP utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with an emphasis on Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) and is suited for adults with moderate to severe obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and other treatment resistant anxiety disorders.
Our team of experts includes psychologists who specialize in CBT, medication providers and behavior specialists to enhance treatment outcomes. Our experts work with each patient on an individual basis to identify their personal triggers for anxiety. Once identified, a gradual exposure hierarchy is developed and the judicious application of the principals of ERP helps patients learn how to better manage their symptoms long-term.
Our team of well-trained and compassionate practitioners foster an environment to help ourpatients to be successful. Our primary treatment modality is ERP, we understand that every patient responds differently to treatment interventions so we also incorporate other modalities, tools and approaches including elements of dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) which can enhance treatment outcome.
The emphasis and goal of this IOP program, using evidence-based treatment, is to provide stability to each patient to be gradually transitioned to a lower level of care, usually outpatient.
Conditions we treat:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Perinatal / Postpartum OCD
- Panic Disorder
- Specific Phobias
- Hypochondria / Health Anxiety
- Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling Disorder)
- Dermatillomania (Skin Picking Disorder)
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Olfactory Reference Syndrome
Individuals who may benefit from our program include:
- Individuals who are looking for a step down program from a higher level of care
- Individuals with moderate to severe OCD or other symptoms of anxiety
- Individuals who have not made treatment gains in a transitional outpatient setting
- Individuals looking to make treatment progress in a more time-effective manner
- Individuals who live in an area where treatment options may be limited
The Portland Anxiety Clinic’s Intensive Outpatient Program is not appropriate for patients who are actively suicidal or who are currently addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. If you are interested in learning more about our IOP program please contact our IOP coordinator, Dr. Jill Davidson at 503-894- 9630